No commercial environment can be truly clean without addressing the floor that you walk on every day. This post will help you determine what is the difference in carpet steam cleaning and carpet dry cleaning, while also detailing some of the benefits that they can offer your business.
If you’ve ever walked into an office with a dirty carpet, you were likely pretty uncomfortable. A dirty carpet can immediately ruin the mood and ambiance of an office or business. Dirty carpets represent not only a lack of hygiene, but a lack of professionalism on the part of the business owner.
Here we will detail the 2 most popular types of carpet cleaning.
1). What is Steam Carpet Cleaning: Despite the name, steam cleaning actually doesn’t involve steam. Instead, what you are doing is employing a type of cleaning method known as hot water extraction. Using heavy machines, steam carpet cleaning involves pushing hot water into your carpet before a separate mechanism immediately pulls it back up.
So What are the Benefits:
* Hot water works to immediately dissolve dirt and other buildups.
* Because the water is so hot it does the work of many chemicals, so much less cleaning agents are used, also reducing that “chemical odor” smell in your building.
* Using special cleaning agents, our steam carpet cleaning machines are able to get rid of old stains.
* Steam carpet cleaning can help to quickly improve odor and appearance in your carpet.
2). Carpet Dry Cleaning: Dry carpet cleaning isn’t completely dry, but it is much different than steam cleaning. With dry carpet cleaning method, you’ll use a slightly moist, absorbent chemical that is deposited onto your carpet. This chemical absorbs dirt, buildup and other stains.
So What are the Benefits:
* No dealing with excess moisture and drying times.
Clean Your Carpets with Office Keepers:
At Office Keepers, it is clear to us that the best option for your carpet is steam cleaning. In fact, that is the only carpet service we offer. Our goal has always been to provide our clients with clean, effective and efficient services. Our team of highly trained and professional cleaners are available every day out of the week to help you get your building in order. Call us today to schedule a free proposal for the cleaning of your carpets. 480-306-7100.
Green practices are becoming more and more popular in the business sector today. Many businesses are looking for ways to “go green” and reduce their impact on the environment. Business owners are starting to realize that waste reduction does more than just saving the environment. It also offers businesses and organizations certain benefits. Ultimately, it allows you to do three things, which are:
* Save space in your office
* Reduce clutter thereby making your working space cleaner
* Save money
Tips on Reducing Waste in The Office
A large portion of waste in the office consists of paper products. Given this, you’ll want to focus most of your attention on reducing paper waste. Here some things you can do:
* Use recycled paper instead of regular ones. This way, you can help save trees and avoid contributing to manufacturing waste.
* Reduce paper consumption by using both sides of paper when printing documents.
* For announcements and memos, print one copy and post it on a central bulletin board for everyone to see.
* Reuse paper envelopes instead of throwing them away. You can relabel them and cover the old address. You can also do the same for file folders. Refold them so you can use the other side.
* If it’s possible, go paperless. Instead of printing announcements, memos or reports, send them via email instead. You can also keep a copy of the office manual, rules and regulations on your workers’ computer for easier access.
While paper constitutes a large portion of waste in the office, it doesn’t mean that non-paper waste should be taken for granted. There are also some simple things you can do to reduce non-paper waste in your office.
* To save storage spaces in the office, rent equipment that will be occasionally used instead of buying a new one.
* Encourage your workers to bring reusable silverware at work instead of using disposable utensils.
* If it’s possible, allow your workers to telecommute at least once a week. You can create a schedule for which people get to telecommute on certain days. Letting your workers work from home will greatly reduce the amount of waste produced in your office.
* Use refillable ink and toner cartridges for your printer. This will help reduce the amount of metal and plastic waste that are being sent to landfills.
* Encourage your staff to observe waste reduction practices. You can reward those who show adherence and motivate others to do the same.
These are just some of the things you can do to reduce the waste your office produces. Implementing them may be hard at first; you may have some backlash from your employees. Communicating the importance of reducing waste is key.
But being green doesn’t just stop in waste reduction. As a business that offers products and services to customers, you should also take the necessary steps to make your products and services make environment-friendly.
Here at Office Keepers, that’s exactly what we do. Our cleaning solutions have been made more eco-friendly to adapt to the changing demands of the current world. For expert and eco-friendly commercial cleaning, speak to our friendly team. 480-306-7100
Schools all across Arizona are going green, choosing to use environmentally friendly cleaning products instead of standard chemically based cleaners. The reason schools are making the switch to environmentally friendly cleaning products is mainly for the health of their students. Typical cleaning companies use the same commercial cleaning products in all types of buildings they clean, however, when there are children involved, safety should always be the main focus.
Is your cleaning company using environmentally friendly cleaning products? If you are not sure, then they probably aren’t. Professional cleaners who choose to use green cleaning products are proud to promote the environmentally friendly cleaning products they use and are happy to explain the benefits of using them.
The Dangers Of Not Using Environmentally Friendly Cleaning Products
There are many important benefits of using environmentally friendly cleaning products in schools, as children and school staff can become exposed to potentially toxic cleaning products such as sprays and liquids. If you are unsure if your commercial cleaning company is using green cleaning products, then your school’s health is really at risk.
Here Are The Benefits Your School Will Have By Using Hired “Green Cleaners”:
Eliminates the risk of respiratory issues: Chemical-based cleaning liquids and sprays can and do cause respiratory problems when young children are exposed to them, especially on a regular basis. Exposure from commercial cleaning products can induce asthma, a chronic illness that negatively affects the respiratory tract, making it hard to breathe. Using all-natural cleaning products will eliminate the risk of respiratory problems affecting your students and staff.
Lowers cases of skin irritation: As chemical cleaning agents are used to clean surfaces and touch points, cases of rashes among students is common as contact with the skin from desks, chairs, doors, and bathroom are inevitable.
Prevents toxic chemicals from reaching the environment: by switching to a company who uses green cleaning products, your school will help to prevent toxic chemicals from reaching the environment. Eco-friendly cleaning products have labels that state they are ‘chemical free’ and safe to use around children at school.
What does Office Keepers do?
At Office Keepers, we care about the health of your students and staff, and we will do everything we can to protect the environment by using only eco-friendly cleaning products. So, if you want to avoid the use of toxic cleaning products at your school, then make sure that you hire a cleaning company who uses eco-friendly cleaning products.
Cleaning is never funny for businesses. For most people in Arizona, it is one of the most tiresome activities in life. Rarely will you hear people associate it with the word ‘fun’. As a commercial cleaning company Office Keepers loves and enjoys the cleaning business, and we want to break the negative connotations that are usually attached to it.
So here are some fun facts about cleaning that hopefully will help change the way you look at cleaning your businesses and workplaces.
Did you know that…
1. 50-60% of the average person’s time is spent at the office. This means that keeping your office cleans should be one of your priorities.
2. By cleaning for two hours, you burn 200 worth of calories. In fact, different cleaning chores burns varying amount of calories in the body. Mopping for an hour, for example, can burn about 153 calories and scrubbing the tub for 15 minutes lets you shed 90 calories.
3. Every year about 300,000 cases of reported illnesses are food-borne. Making it a habit to wash your hands after handling food is the best way to avoid falling victim to such illnesses.
4. You need to leave antibacterial cleaners on dirty surfaces for 30 to 60 seconds before wiping it away. It allows enough time for the cleaner to absorb dirt and kill bacteria and germs.
5. Around 70-80% of dust particles are dead skin cells.
6. Iceland, according to researchers at Columbia and Yale Universities, is the cleanest country in the world having a score of 93.5. While Sierra Leone ranks the lowest having only a score of 32.1. The scores were based on several factors such as water and air quality; greenhouse emissions; environmental public health; and the diversity of the ecosystem.
8. Whenever you flush your toilet, “toilet plumes” or small waste particles get sprayed into the air, which you can inhale or can attach itself on your toothbrush. Starting today, make it a habit to close the lid before flushing the toilet.
9. Banana peels can be used to polish silver and leather shoes. So the next time you have bananas, be sure to keep the banana peels. It can help you save on polish products.
10. An office phone contains about 25,000 germs per square inch. But there’s no need to panic. All you have to do is give your office phone a quick wipe with a disinfecting wipe daily.
If you want to ensure that your workplace stays completely germ-free and clean at all times, don’t hesitate to ask help from professional commercial cleaners. They have the right tools and equipment to remove deep-seated dirt and tough germs in any part of your workplace. You can also rest assured that your building will be cleaned to the highest standards.
By hiring a commercial cleaning company like Office Keepers you can ensure that your office or place of business will remain clean, sanitized and healthy for you, your staff and your customers.
Cleaning a commercial property is very different than cleaning a home. There are lots of unique challenges that go along with office cleaning. Addressing these challenges head-on is the best way to ensure that your property is not only clean, but that it is also safe for your clients and employees. Here are some of the issues that you need to consider:
Challenge 1: Finding a Proper Time to Clean
Typically, cleaning will need to be done outside of normal business hours. If your office maintains regular 9 am to 5 pm, that probably won’t be a problem. However, some industries have employees on site around the clock. For instance, if you run a medical facility that is open early and later than normal business hours, there will most likely be employees in the office most of the day.
This can make it challenging to find a time when the cleaning can be done. Typically, the best option is to schedule cleaning services for the time when there are the fewest employees in the building. This will make it as easy as possible for the cleaning staff to get their work done without causing any major disruptions.
Office Keepers has cleaning crews that are able to accommodate any schedule. Just let us know what time you would like your building to be cleaned and we will identify a crew to fit your needs.
Challenge 2: Cross Contamination
Cross-contamination is another challenge associated with office cleaning. A good example of this is when a mop that is used to clean a bathroom is then also used to clean the hallway or the main office space. This can result in the spread of germs, which can increase the likelihood of employees getting sick and missing work.
The best way to avoid this is by having separate cleaning products for each space of your building. Try color-coding microfiber cloths and mops and storing them near the areas where they should be used to minimize the spread of germs throughout your space. This is especially important if you work in a medical facility or in a facility where there is a high likelihood of contamination. Our color coding method at Office Keepers includes specific colors of microfiber cloths and mops for certain areas.
Challenge 3: Missed Areas
Most office buildings are quite large and have a lot of different areas that need to be addressed. Oftentimes, certain areas can get overlooked during regular cleaning. For instance, the cleaning crew may empty the trash each day, but they probably won’t wipe down the desk chairs to remove dust on a daily basis.
The best way to avoid this problem is by coming up with a complete cleaning schedule for the entire office. When a proposal is sent to your office we take measurements and inventory of each area. Then we decide how often it should be cleaned. As an example, the garbage cans most likely will need to be emptied every day. The office chairs, bookcases, or printer stands, on the other hand, may only need to be cleaned once a month.
At Office Keepers we print out a cleaning schedule specific to your building that clearly outlines how often each task should be done. That way, the cleaning crew will know exactly what tasks they need to do and when they need to do them, helping to avoid any areas being overlooked.
There are a lot of challenges associated with office cleaning. By thinking through these challenges ahead of time, you can help avoid them, ensuring that your building stays as clean as possible. Office Keepers has taken steps to avoid these common office cleaning challenges for you, so let us take care of your building!
Call today for a free proposal at 480-306-7100.