Hiring a professional commercial cleaning company, such as Office Keepers, is by far the most efficient way to ensure that your commercial properties are maintained to the highest standard, however if you are hiring in house for your cleaning, then below are some commercial cleaning tips you may find useful!
• Carpets: One of the main reasons of keeping your office space clean is for your potential clients and visitors. So, walk where they would walk! Walk the same route as your potential client, look around and take note at what could be cleaner.
• Desks: Stop cluttering your desk. One of the main items in your office will be the office desk space. If you limit the amount of objects cluttering your desk, it will look a lot cleaner, even if you have just placed everything into drawers.
• Keyboards: We can test the cleanliness of your office, while you’re reading this paragraph. Lift your keyboard upside down and shake it around for five seconds. See all those crumbs that have just fallen out? They need to be cleaned up. Clean and sanitize your keyboard at least once/twice a week, or limit the amount of food eaten at your desk, to keep on top of it.
• Fridges: The last working day of every month, this should not only be known as pay day, but also the fridge clear out day! Yep, that’s right, whatever food is left in the fridge come that evening, throw it in the bin. Trust me, you don’t want spilt milk lining the bottom of your fridge, if you haven’t got a professional cleaning company to mop it up.
• Plants: The office plants. There’s no point owning a pretty office plant if no one is willing to keep on top of the falling leaves. Be sure to pick up any leaves off your floor, water and dust the leaves to keep it looking pretty. Or just buy an artificial plant, and just dust it!
• Microwave: This tip will make caked on food much easier to remove. Place a mug of cold water in the microwave and bring to boil. If you have a tablespoon of vinegar to add even better. This will loosen all stubborn marks and food can be removed quickly.
• Corners: Out of sight out of mind? This is the philosophy of many office workers, especially if their task that evening is to clean their personal home. Make sure that all furniture is moved away from the walls every so often, and make sure that behind the furniture is properly vacuumed. All sorts of object tend to hide here!
• Phones: Make sure you sanitize your office phone regularly; the last thing you want is your entire work force off sick with the same illness. Saliva and germs will accumulate on the phone. As part of our task schedule introduced by Office Keepers all telephones are expected to be sanitized at least once a week.
• Dishes: All dishes and cups left in the break room should be washed right away. Make it a rule to have each person wash their own dishes, or fines may result!
• Bins: Take out your bins and recycle your waste regularly. The last thing you want is for a visitor to come into your offices and have to try and balance their apple core on the top of your rubbish in your full bins.
If all this fails, the best solution to any cleaning problem is to give us a call at Office Keepers. Check out our Google reviews for what our customers are saying about us.